top of page
English Country House


Individuals can apply to put a spare room, or several forward to support those fleeing Ukraine under the Government scheme 'Homes for Ukraine'

If you are interested in providing safe accommodation, there may be some things you wish to consider. You must sign up for a minimum of 6 months accommodation, and visa are granted for 3 years for anyone settling here. They will need a clean, safe space suitable for themselves or their family. They will need access to facilities, either shared or their own, including bathroom and kitchen, and a level of privacy. It needs to be safe, heated and free from health hazards. Consider if your space is suitable for someone with a young child, someone elderly or with a disability. Some may also be travelling with pets. All accommodation will be different; you should make sure what you're offering is in a suitable condition.


You should also consider how many people you offer to accommodate, and ensure you have adequate space. Two people should not be in one room unless they are: adult cohabiting partners; a parent and child; two siblings of the same gender if aged over 10; two siblings regardless of gender if aged under 10. Individuals who didn’t previously know each other should not be given the same room.

Those who need to be hosting are fleeing a war-torn country. There will be a level of trauma and they may still have family trapped or whom they have had to leave behind, or even killed.  

The Government also provide the following details for accommodation 

·     be kept clean and in a reasonable state;

·     have adequate kitchen and bathroom space;

·     have access to drinking water;

·     have a working smoke detector on each floor of the property and other fire safety precautions suitable for the building 

·     have a working carbon monoxide detector in any room containing a solid fuel burning appliance 

·     have sufficient heating to keep the property at a comfortable temperature;

·     have safe gas appliances, fittings and flues and have undertaken a Gas Safety check within the last year 

·     have safe and working electrics, which a qualified electrician can help with if you are unsure;

·     be almost entirely free of damp or mould;

·     have doors and windows at entry level that lock properly;

·     be easy and safe to move around in, without excessively steep staircases that may cause harm.

Your guests are likely to be unaware of the area and how to get around or where to go. As a group, we would like to offer to provide your guests with a Welcome Pack, to include some basic information. You can also direct your guests to this site in order to support them with practical information, such as where the local charity shops are, and where to catch buses. There is also more in-depth information such as how to open a bank account and where, and how to apply for Universal Credit. You can also use this site to support them with information on public services, like registering for the local doctors, & registering with a GP. 

We would also like to provide sufficient food to support your guests via Ringwood Foodbank. The Foodbank can provide enough food and essential toiletries for 7 days initially and can continue to be in contact with you or your guests 


Yellow Flowers
bottom of page